Things to make your visit more meaningful...
Hosanna is not "formal" - Dress comfortably - all are welcome!
Address: Hosanna Lutheran Church, 16526 Ella Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77090
Office hours: 9 AM-3 PM (Monday-Friday)
GPS or Smart Phone: Type or speak: "Hosanna Lutheran Church Houston" or
"16526 Ella Boulevard Houston"
- Driving north on I-45 from Beltway 8: Take Exit 64 (Richey Road). Follow frontage road to the first light. Tturn left (west). Follow Richey Road until it ends at Ella Blvd. Turn right and follow Ella Blvd north to Hosanna (on your right, across from Westfield High School).
- Driving south on I-45 from The Woodlands and Spring, Texas: Take Exit 66 (FM 1960 Addicks/Humble). Turn right (west). Stay in the left lane and follow FM 1960 to Ella Blvd. (CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens Pharmacy on opposite corners). Turn left (south) and follow Ella Blvd. about 1/2 mile. Hosanna is on your left across from Westfield High School.
Public transportation access:
- Metro Bus Route 86 stops at the bus shelter on our property, and at Westfield High School, directly across Ella Boulevard. Metro Route 86 FM 1960 Crosstown Schedule (PDF)
For the disabled:
- Handicap parking at the north entrance. Restrooms are handicapped accessible. Everything is at ground level (no stairs to negotiate).
- Need transportation?
Sundays at Hosanna
8:30 - 11:30 AM Attended nursery for children 4 and under
8:30 AM Godly Play Sunday school (preschool - 5th grade).
- Godly Play allows children to place themselves in a Bible story, not just listen to it. A storyteller sits on the floor with children and tells a story using natural materials (wood figurines, paper, felt, sand, etc.). Next, the storyteller poses questions such as, "I wonder how Mary felt when the angel spoke to her?" Godly Play encourages curiosity and imagination.
8:30 AM Adult learning/discussion groups
- Option 1: Topical studies (in Classroom 5; near the north entrance).
- Option 2: Open or topical discussions led by Pastor John Boldt (in the Conference Room, in the office area, north side of the building)
9:00 AM Junior and Senior High group
- 1st Sunday of the month is breakfast/Bible study at 9:00 AM at Denny's Restaurant (1760 FM 1960 West).
- Other Sundays meet at Hosanna at 9:00 AM.
- Evening get-togethers every other Sunday at 6:00 PM. See calendar for dates.
10:00 AM Worship (word, song, prayer, kid's church and communion)
Weekdays at Hosanna
- 10:00 AM Bible study, every Wednesday (in Classroom 8, south side of building)
Purpose statement: Serving God, Changing Lives.