The mission of Hosanna is "Serving God, Changing Lives."
One way in which we strive to live out this mission is by supporting activities beyond our local community.
Noisy Offerings collect your loose change to support a different agency or activity each month, such as:
- Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Lutherhill Camping Ministries
- Souper Bowl of Caring
The African Initiative sponsors:
- Equal Exchange Coffee Sale
Kagera Scholarship Fund - supports students so they can attend high school, college, and other continuing education and vocational programs
Women Craft – 1. Vision program which helps with visits by a health team member to diagnose problems and prescribe medication and corrective glasses for the artisans and members of their communities.
- Women Craft - 2. Counseling program for the women and their families to help them be pro-active in their health and nutrition; literacy; and issues pertaining to domestic violence and family members who are HIV positive.
The Hosanna Women of the ELCA collect items for ongoing projects. Donation baskets are located in the lobby near the north entrance:
- card fronts from all types of greeting cards (except Hallmark, Disney, and American Greetings) benefit the children at St. Jude's Ranch
- reading glasses, sunglasses, and adult and children's prescription eyeglasses are recycled for use by the Lions Club International
- General Mills boxtops for educations, and Campbell Soup labels are used by ther Navajo Lutheran Mission School to purchase educational equipment
Through our budgeted benevolence giving, we support the Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast Synod. This group of 112 congregations in our region:
- starts new mission churches;
- trains lay leaders;
- finds new pastors for churches when someone retires or moves;
- coordinates disaster efforts in times of need;
- and much more.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) coordinates Lutheran congregations to support international efforts in times of special need:
- Lutheran World Relief (including relief for natural disasters)
- ELCA Good Gifts (including gifts for purchase of farm animals, fish farms, malaria nets)